Never expected the GSS to be so 'interesting'. Generally, sale time is not a time that I usually shop for clothes. 1) You can never get your size/color 2) You can never get a fitting room without q-ing behind 20 other bargain hunters 3) A sahm with baby in tow, is hardly a 'versatile' shopper who can squeeze in between a zillion other shoppers 4) You have to q (again) behind 30 others to pay for your purchases.
Today, Ah mahmah drove over to our house to jaga dd whilst I dashed out for my pedicure at OUB and shopping in Taka. After the pedicure, I decided to take a train down to Orchard. I was impressed that my ezlink card could still function after being dormant for the last 2 or more years. My last train/ bus ride was in 2006.
My first stop was Gap. They were offering 30+10% off. I got 1 dress and 1 top. I went on to Taka , bought 2 pairs of jeans and 1 book for dd. Moving on to Paragon, I couldn't find an evening gown in my size, but I managed to clinch one blouse. By that time, I was beat.
By my reckoning, GSS is a good time to buy clothes because its a month long event, unlike the usual 3day sale event that a million other shoppers flock to on the same day. Hence its not as pandemonium-ish, and possible to get clothes to your liking. Esp if you can take some time off on a weekday afternoon to hit the malls. Happy shopping :)