Friday, January 15, 2010

Shoes

End of dd's first week of school and for the last 2 days, no parents were allowed into the classroom or school compound.
So far so good. Altho' she has sadly lost one pretty hair clip. Sigh. Guess I won't let her wear any more hair clips to school.

We did have to do a rushed job of getting new shoes for her on Thurs night tho. Embarassingly, she was complaining that her brand new Clarks shoes was hurting her foot and that she needed to take off her shoes halfway thru her lessons. She is already wearing a size 6.5, the largest for the clarks toddler range. It made us wonder whether she's so comfy with sandals that she's just being ultra sensitive to covered shoes. Now she's wearing a size 7.5.
I feel that it's not healthy for her feet if she were to wear 'larger' size shoes rather than one that was her correct size but I had no choice.
This time I refused to get her any other clarks range because she has a few pairs (3 other pairs) thats just sitting in the cupboard because she refuses to wear anything that is just 'nice'. She wants them to be slightly loose. So I am left with all these lightly worn clarks. Hence, I decided to get cheap mary janes - if she complains, then I will dump them without fuss.
The offending pair of Clarks that dd is abandoning