After our zoo trip, we decided to head to the library. It was dd's first foray to the library. DD was excited to explore the place and the first thing she said was "So many books! Mummy buy books for Maishia". I explained to her that we were in a library and books were meant to be borrowed not bought. I picked up some books for her, and since I still had 'space' to borrow more, I borrowed some old parenting mags for myself. I was thrilled to find the same mag that I had been trying to get my hands on a few months earlier but couldn't. It had had some recipes that I wanted.
After I finished browsing, the next hurdle came. The last time I borrowed anything from the library has been about a decade ago, so I was completely clueless how to 'checkout'. Fortunately there was a man just finishing up at one of the many checkout machines and he must have noticed me struggling with the machine. He kindly volunteered his help so I was able to borrow dd's books. But I had to go to the counter to 'reset' my library card because according to the library rules, my card had apparently been 'locked' because I haven't borrowed anything for donkey years.