DD was thrilled to bits to see her favorite food item - bread, being transformed into different shapes. And the good thing about cutting the bread into shapes - it doesn't make the omega3 butter that I used, ooze out which is what happens when I use a knife to cut.
As far as lunchboxes go, I know my maiden attempt above is rather ugly =P. Nonetheless dd was very happy and tickled to see Hello kitty and rabbit as part of her lunch. After taking this picture, I added in double portions of the veg and a huge serving of threadfin (it didn't look very artistic after I added in all that). DD cleaned out everything.The thing that bothered me when I was making the lunchbox - bento making seemed to focus on being cute visually to the detriment of what they contained food-wise. I suppose if the box is meant as a 'snack' rather than a full blown lunch, its actually pretty fun. And for fussy kids, this may be a good idea to motivate them to eat their foods.
I had good fun putting everything together. Stay tuned for more photos of my 'culinary' efforts.