Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dinner

We brought dh's visitor from Spain out to dinner at Brasserie Wolf at Robertson Pier. DD was acting weirdly again. The minute Jens got into our car at his hotel, and hailed a hearty hello to everyone, dd started bawling the car roof down.

Once we reached the restaurant, it was no better. DD was fidgety and restless and insisted on tugging the table cloth which had all the Riedel (I think) wineglasses and WMF cutlery laid out neatly on the table. No plastic wares for dd here at this restaurant. So I had to make do with a teaspoon for her to clang around with. In between snatches of conversation with Jens, I was busy restraining and shushing dd who was attempting to grab my table knife and spill my wine at every opportunity. Nothing could soothe dd out of her whiny mood and I felt sorry for the other diners in case they had anticipated a nice quiet dinner. At the end of the dinner, when dh and Jens were still sipping their latte, I was so beat from handling dd that I was all eager to wrap up the dinner and go home. Sigh, a pity I couldn't really enjoy the ambience cos the food was really quite good. Grainy mobileph photos again cos we didn't bring the camera along.
Jens and dh having a lively chat over some Shiraz
Attempts to soothe dd with her milk didn't workOur hors d'oeuvre : Escargots. The only photo of our food that I managed to snap before dd snatched the phone away .