Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Portability

Anyone in the same boat as me? Awaiting the big day on Fri when mobile phone numbers will be fully portable across all 3 telcos in Singapore. I haven't had a contract on my mobile since 4 years back (even before I was using my Vertu). I know the game where people sign on a contract, get a free handphone and sell off the new handphone. I just haven't gotten round to doing any such thing as yet. So I have been contract-free for the longest time. And I say, its time to move on!

Before I became a sahm to dd, I have always been with the treasury depts of various banks (my 'world' revolved around the money mkt/ forex/ futures etc) According to banking practice, mobiles' usage are a strict no-no within the treasury dept. Some may say no mobiles = zero radiation from the mobiles but truth be told, the number of monitors/screens that we traders are each surrounded by (ie the radiation ) is more than enuf to fry an egg.

Perhaps its from such die-hard old habits that I find myself making minimal use of my mobile these days not to mention my bad record of responding smses. My air time usage on my mobile is ikan bilis so I will prolly utilize the cheapest package I can get my hands on. I am eyeing Starhub since dh's mobile package is with them + broadband + cable tv. Any good deals, don't forget to give me a shout !