Thursday, April 2, 2009

Acorns

First day of term at sm. It was wonderful to see most of her classmates returning for another term. We were very happy to discover that Ernest had started talking during the one week term break. We gave him lots of praises. He kept coming over to sayang dd and calling her "baby" when dd is actually older than him =P .
Sensei went thru the rules again - whining and tantruming kids to be taken out of class; no handphone; no food/drinks etc. During class, dd surprised me with her spontaneous responses to sensei's questions. She also asked sensei "whats that" in her very sincere manner when she spotted something that piqued her interest. I was also pleasantly surpised to see her speed in identifying all the ESP games correctly. She was however looking lethargic during the music segment and didn't dance at all like she usually did. Wonder is she bored with the same songs?
After class , I saw that there was a POSB branch and it was still open so I popped in. After doing my banking, the teller told me that she noticed that dd had a kid's account so she volunteered to give me a stash of free gifts even tho' I didn't do any transactions on that account that day.
It was a nice set of coloring items and an assortment of other items. It was very nice of the teller. The next morning, dd got her hands on the POSB stamp book without me knowing and started pasting all her 'acorn' stickers on the empty circular spaces by herself. I was really surprised that she knew that those stickers were meant for the empty spaces as I didn't even open the book in front of her and she pasted all of them nicely within the spaces. There was one empty space left in the middle of the book that wasn't pasted cos she had run out of stickers (think they gave her 1 sticker short), she was disturbed and kept telling me that she had lost one sticker so there is one empty space in the book. She got to learn a new word "acorn" as she told me at first that they were pineapples.